Faculty Marshal Information
The Bloomington Commencement Committee deeply appreciates the contributions of faculty members who have agreed to serve as faculty marshals at Commencement on Friday, May 5, 2017, and Saturday, May 6, 2017.
These momentous events could not be accomplished without your assistance and support.
Details for faculty marshals:
- Arrive at Gladstein Fieldhouse two hours before the graduate ceremony on Friday.
- Arrive at Mellencamp Pavilion two hours before the undergraduate ceremony on Saturday.
- Parking areas can be reached via Gates 2, 5, 6, 8, and 12 around Assembly Hall. (Parking attendants will direct you.)
- Faculty marshal sashes will be provided at the check-in table.
- Student lineup will begin at an hour and 15 minutes before the ceremony.
- Friday's ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. and last approximately two hours.
- Saturday's ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. and last approximately 90 minutes.
- Primary responsibility: Assist the graduates in lining up
Lineup order for each school is as follows:
- Banner carrier
- Faculty marshal(s)
- Degree candidates, lowest to highest
Note: Ph.D. and other doctoral candidates, regardless of school, march in a separate line under the "Graduate" banner.
Each school will be led in by a student carrying a school banner. It is your responsibility to select a student to carry the banner. Students will leave the lineup area single file and proceed into the arena, where Commencement ushers will seat the faculty and graduates.
If you have been selected as a marshal and you do not have apparel, please call 812-855-3761.